Grab your aprons and bring your appetites, because we’re making pizza!
Nothing beats homemade crust and this one is DELICIOUS! This is an adaptation of my grandmother’s recipe, which is quick and easy. Chances are, you’ll have just about everything you need to get kneading! With Super Bowl Sunday just around the corner, nothing says game day like pizza.
2 1/2 cups of flour
1 package of dry yeast
1 teaspoon of sugar
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 cup of warm water
1. Mix flour, sugar, and oil into a bowl
2. Mix yeast in a cup of warm water and add to the bowl of flour, sugar, and oil.
3. Knead with your hands. If the dough is too sticky, sprinkle in some flour.
4. Once mixed and in a ball, leave in the bowl and cover with a towel for 15 minutes.
5. Once the dough has sat for 15 minutes, spread evenly with hands on cookie sheet that has been lined with nonstick foil.
6. Spread tomato sauce on dough and layer with desired toppings and then bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.
If you don’t have tomato sauce on hand, you can use spaghetti sauce or make your own from canned crushed tomatoes. I had to be resourceful the other night and make it from scratch, not bad!
Replace the tomato sauce with BBQ sauce, toss in some chicken and red onion with shredded mozzarella cheese…BAM! You have a crowd favorite. BBQ Chicken Pizza.
Our pizza was a simple cheese. Topped with fresh mozzarella and basil, this pizza was great next to a fresh green salad (because 2016. Get fit, right?)