Annnnd, we’re back! I’ve been unpacking and attempting to decorate our new place like crazy. To seal the deal on our new place, I made (semi) homemade soup. There’s something about the smell of soup on the stove that just screams home to me.
“WELCOME HOME.” – Chicken Noodle Soup
I’m a soup all year round girl (delicious and what’s not to like about throwing everything into one pot? #Multitasking), but I know some people just can’t stand soup in the warmer months. SO, people, now that we’ve had our first snow fall, its time for a million soups. Today I’m sharing the EASIEST chicken noodle soup. Vegetarians, don’t shy away- this pot of soup can just as easily be transformed into a veggie delight.
-6 cups of water
-6 chicken (or vegetable) bouillon cubes
*ahead of the game + already have broth? Skip the above + HEAT IT UP!*
-Half of a yellow onion
-2 celery stalks
-1-2 carrots (or a few handfuls of baby carrots)
-1 cup of chicken (precooked, so think leftover rostierrie chicken)
-1/3 of a cup or if you like to live danergously sans measuring cup, handful of egg noodles
-A few squeezes of lemon
1. Boil water with bouillon cubes.
2. Mince yellow onion, celery and carrots. Feel free to add as much veggies as you’d like! I think zucchini would be nice in here as well.
3. Once water has boiled and bouillon cubes have dissolved, add your minced veggies and cook for 4 – 5 minutes.
4. OPTIONAL. Add chicken. I had a leftover rotisserie chicken so this was easy to chop and throw in.
5. Add egg noodles. Its important to not overflow the pot with noodles, otherwise it will suck up all the broth, then its truly NO SOUP FOR YOU! (Seinfeld, anyone?) Cook for 4 minutes for the noodles to become al dente (with a bite)
6. Squeeze a little lemon and season with salt + pepper. Pair with a tuscan slice (or loaf *wink*) of bread.
I can’t tell you how quick and simple this soup is, like throw everything + anything in a pot. I made it last night in about 20 minutes TOPS + its so, so good. So good that I’m having it for lunch. #QueenOfLeftovers + #ComfortFood.
What’s your favorite quick recipe? Always up for trying new bites!